Dear patient safety professionals across the Military Health System, please note that due to a change in their internal management model, Duke Office of Continuing Medical Education (DOCME) will be discontinuing support of Continuing Education (CE) accreditation for patient safety activities effective 29 June 2015.
After extensive research, the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) has been selected to begin accreditation services effective 30 June 2015.
PIM has been providing trusted independent CE for healthcare professionals since 1979 (for over thirty years) and is a recognized leader for jointly provided CE activities. PIM is nationally accredited to certify education and issue CE credit to a multidisciplinary audience of learners, including physicians, physician assistants, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, psychologists, dentists and social workers.
PIM has been awarded Accreditation with Commendation (2012-2018) by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and Accreditation with Distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the highest recognition that is awarded by the ANCC's Accreditation Program.
By partnering with PIM, we will be able to offer a broad selection of CE credit.
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) for Medical Doctors (MD), Doctors of Obstetrics (DO), Nurse Practitioners (NP), and Physician Assistants (PA).
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians.
- American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission (ANCC) for Registered Nurses.
- American Dental Association Continuing Education Recognition Provider (ADA CERP) for Dentists and Dental Technicians.
- American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) for Healthcare Executives.
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences (CBBS) for Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW); Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFT); Licensed Educational Psychologists (LEP); Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors (LPCC); MFT Interns (IMF); Associate Clinical Social Workers (ASW); and Professional Clinical Counselor Interns (PCCI) in the State of California.
- International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) Continuing Education Unit (CEU) for students who do not meet any of the above qualifications.
The DoD PSP Team is confident that this new partnership with PIM will be a fruitful one that will surely benefit you and your commitment to continued growth in your career. For more information on PIM, visit their website. If you have any questions about this upcoming change, please feel free to