Veterans Benefits Information guide to VA benefits

  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home News Enroll before TRICARE, FEDVIP Open Season closes Dec. 10

Enroll before TRICARE, FEDVIP Open Season closes Dec. 10

E-mail Print PDF

Open season closes on Dec. 10, 2018. Do you want to make changes to your TRICARE health plan, or enroll in a dental or vision plan with the Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP)? Then you must act now. Your coverage will start on Jan. 1, 2019.

Two different open seasons are now underway until Dec. 10, 2018.

TRICARE Open Season

Outside of TRICARE Open Season, you won’t be able to make changes to your plan unless you experience a TRICARE Qualifying Life Event (QLE). A TRICARE QLE is a certain change in your life that may mean different TRICARE options are available to you. Examples are marriage, the birth of a child, or retirement from active duty.

Federal Benefits Open Season

  • Federal Benefits Open Season is for retiree dental coverage or vision coverage through FEDVIP. If you have TRICARE Retiree Dental Program (TRDP), provided by Delta Dental, and want dental coverage in 2019, you’ll need to choose a FEDVIP dental plan. TRDP ends on Dec. 31, 2018.
  • Active duty family members may enroll in a FEDVIP vision plan, if enrolled in a TRICARE health plan.

After the Federal Benefits Open Season, you may only make changes to your existing FEDVIP plan if you experience a FEDVIP QLE. Remember that the FEDVIP QLEs may be different from the TRICARE QLEs.

Learn more on the Open Season page. If you need to take action, take command and do so before open season closes next week.

Read More

Did you know?

The issuance or replacement of military service medals, awards and decorations must be requested in writing.

Requests should be submitted in writing to the appropriate military service branch division of the NPRC. Standard form (SF 180), available through the VA, is recommended to submit your request. Generally, there is no charge for medal or award replacements. For more information, or for the mailing address of the military branch office to submit your request to, call 1-86-NARA-NARA (1-866-272-6272) or visit the NPRC website at